Know Before You Go - Welcome back to Harrogate
We’re so proud to be able to welcome you back to the Harrogate district as our special part of Yorkshire slowly starts to reopen once again.
Visitor attractions, gardens, shops, pubs, restaurants and hotels are reopening and you will find that they are all operating in new ways with enhanced hygiene and social distancing measures in place. Therefore with this in mind, it is really important that before you head out for your day trip or your long awaited family staycation, you research and plan ahead making sure you ‘Know Before You Go.’
When setting out to explore the Harrogate district, there are a few rules to remember;
- Stay safe, look after yourselves and one another
- Respect the environment and the local communities who live there
- Enjoy yourselves
So take time to plan ahead and as we said ‘Know Before You Go’. Here’s a useful checklist that you can refer to:
- Toilets and Car parks – Always check whether important facilities such as toilets and car parks are open.
- Book Online – Most of the visitor attractions and gardens in the Harrogate district now require you to pre-book a time slot online before you go, so don’t turn up unprepared as you will not be allowed in.
- Money and Payments - Make sure you always take a bank card with you. You will find that many businesses are not accepting cash and are only taking card payments at the moment.
- Hand sanitiser – Always have some hand sanitiser in your bag just in case there is nowhere to wash your hands.
- Walk or Ride – If at all possible leave the car behind and head out on foot or get on your bike. There are many wonderful walks and cycle routes across our beautiful district.
- Be mindful and respectful – If you are planning to spend a day in the countryside, take your litter home with you and don’t use disposable barbeques as they risk causing wildfires. This is really important and means we can keep the Harrogate district looking its glorious best.
- ‘We’re Good To Go’ - You will start to see more and more businesses displaying the new Industry Standard launched by Visit England called ‘We’re Good To Go.’This new consumer mark is Government backed and means that businesses are adhering to Government and Public Health guidance, have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and have all the required processes in place so that you feel reassured and can enjoy your day out or staycation with confidence. So look out for the new seal of approval on site, websites and social media.
Find more articles
Renowned as the original and very best Bee Gees tribute show, and THE ONLY Bee Gees tribute show that...
The Red Hot Chili Pipers
There has never been anything quite like The Red Hot Chilli Pipers, from their formation in 2002 and a...
Islands In The Stream - The Music Of Dolly Parton…
Islands in the Stream - The Music of Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers Enjoy the songs of the Queen...