A magnificent Grade 1 listed church, open daily to visitors andjust a short scenic walk from the centre of town.
Designed by renowned architect Temple Moore and his son-in-law Leslie Moore, the church, cloisters, hall and cottage are the only Grade 1 listed buildings in the town of Harrogate.
Opening Times and Facilities
The church welcomes visitors every day, and has daily services. The church is open to the public from 9am to 6pm most days and entry is free of charge. There are toilets available during our office hours (9am – 1pm Monday to Friday). The hall is in use most days by private hirers.
If you would like to see the hall with its spectacular and unique “lamella” ceiling, please email or call us in advance to make an appointment.
Disabled access to the main body of the church is good via the main doors on Duchy Road. There are steps to the Lady Chapel area however.
There is a car park for church visitors at the rear of the building
Exhibits, Displays and Points of Interest
The baptistery area of the church holds a display of information about the history of St Wilfrid’s.
The church also features many significant items:
• Panels of the Stations of the Cross by innovative female artist Frances Darlington
• Painted reredos and pulpit .
• Stained glass by Victor Milner
• “the dove from above” sculpture (not the official name, but an affectionate description) over the font designed in the 1960’s by Leslie Durbin.
• The Harrison organ, noted for its delicate voicing and tone is still used today.
• Lady Chapel, a beautiful space designed by Leslie Moore.
• The Parish Hall has a unique “lamella” ceiling, which is of interest to any fans of architecture or design. As mentioned above, please contact us in advance to ensure viewing of the Hall.
Services at St Wilfrid Harrogate
Everyone is welcome to services at St Wilfrid’s.
Sundays – Mass of the Dawn at 8am, Parish Mass at 10am
Evening Prayer is every weekday at 6.30pm
Mass at 7pm on Tuesday and Thursday, 11am on Wednesday and 12 noon on Friday.
Saturday: Morning Prayer at 8.45am
Service times vary, please our website for weekly times.
Supporting St Wilfrid Harrogate
To continue to open and keep serving the community, St Wilfrid’s needs your support. We do not charge to visit the church, but donations are welcome in the donations box at the main doors or online via the website.
* The church is open every day from 9am to until the end of the last service of the day, usually 6pm. The parish office is open from 9am – 1pm Monday to Friday. The parish hall is not open to the public without advance booking. Access to toilet facilities is usually available from 9am -1pm Monday to Friday.
Search What's Nearby
The 3 Star AA Cairn Hotel was built during Harrogate's period as a Spa Town when people…0.26 miles away
Harrogate’s Finest Luxury Boutique ApartHotel set in an unrivalled location with stunning…0.3 miles away
For a warm welcome at an independently owned hotel, the Crown is exceptional.
We have…0.31 miles away
The St George Hotel is a stunning Edwardian Hotel in the heart of Harrogate, offering…0.31 miles away
In Harrogate's elegant Montpellier Quarter, this historic hotel offers both bedrooms and…0.33 miles away
Our centrally located apartments are the perfect alternative to a hotel with a choice of…0.39 miles away
Ashness Apartments are located on St Mary’s Avenue, a nice quiet road of Victorian town…0.4 miles away
With an elegant Victorian exterior, the Yorkshire Hotel in Harrogate overlooks The Stray…0.48 miles away
Set over three sites in the beautiful spa town of Harrogate, The Lawrance Apart-Hotel…0.48 miles away
The Crowne Plaza Harrogate is adjacent to the Harrogate International Centre and is a…0.5 miles away
Quietly located and convenient luxury guest house close to Harrogate town centre. A 2…0.54 miles away
With over 12 years experience of providing luxury Serviced Apartments in Harrogate, we…0.81 miles away
Spend your time in Harrogate in this beautifully refurbished Victorian cottage; Artists…0.81 miles away
This bright and vibrant property, just minutes from the heart of Harrogate, has been…0.82 miles away
Stay in this charming town house, just eight minutes’ walk from the centre of Harrogate…0.88 miles away
Beautiful elegantly proportioned house refurbished to same high standards as all our…0.97 miles away