Accessibility statement for www.visitharrogate.co.uk
This accessibility statement applies to www.visitharrogate.co.uk.
This website is run by Destination Harrogate, a division of Harrogate Borough Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Access text alternatives for most non-text content
- Change the presentation of most content
- Navigate most of the site using only a keyboard
- Easily navigate, find content and determine where they are
- Use different input modalities beyond a keyboard
- Read and understand text content
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Some search bars input fields have more than one label
- Some heading elements can be empty
- The search bar icons are presented as an external link, but instead open content on the site
- Some content has a low contrast ratio
- Some alternative text is very long, or not descriptive of the image
- Some heading levels are skipped
- The travel times graphic on the homepage has very small text
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- call 01423 500600
We will consider your request and get back to you in 14 days.
If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, call or email us for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: email@example.com .
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We provide a text relay service for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
Our offices have audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
Find out how to contact us.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Destination Harrogate is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
WCAG 2.1 AA
This website is partially compliant with this standard due to the non-compliances listed below:
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Some content has a low contrast ratio, this fails WCAG 2.1 AA success criteria 1.4.3. We aim to resolve this by July 2022
- Some search bars input fields have more than one label, this fails success criteria 3.3.2 We aim to resolve this by January 2022.
- Some heading elements can be empty, this fails success criteria 1.3.1 We aim to resolve this by January 2022.
- Search bar icons are presented as an external link, but instead open content on the site – this fails success criteria We aim to resolve this by January 2022.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
Our site links to some PDFs and documents hosted by other organisations on their own site, while we work to make these as accessible as possible this may not always be possible as we do not control the original documents.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish on our own website will meet accessibility standards.
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 22 November 2021. It was last reviewed on 24 November.
This website was last tested on 10th November 2021. The test was carried out by Destination Core using the WAVE web accessibility evaluation tool.
We selected a sample of pages that covered each of the templates and features present within our site.